We’re expecting two feet of snow starting tomorrow and going into the weekend. TWO FEET! This isn’t freaking Fargo! I have a zillion little things running through my head. First, how to plan a quick grocery store run without wanting to knock someone out. New Englanders can be “wicked” vicious. I thought I was lucky that the milkman just delivered milk, eggs, and bread yesterday. I forgot that we would also need some actual food. There is nothing like a slow home cooked meal on blustery day, and Mommy needs her Goldfish, we’re almost all out. No Goldfish would be a travesty. Luckily the wine rack is fully stocked. Yes, I took care of that first. Priorities people.
Second, what am I going to do with these kids while it’s a blizzard out there? I’ve been brainstorming and came up with a few ideas I could share with you.
- Have them fill out their valentine cards for their classmates.
- Do their 100th day of school project which consists of counting out 100 of some sort of item such as cereal and gluing them to a poster board.
- Pajama dance party.
- There will most DEFINITELY be some fort building.
- Baking brownies.
- Making these great hugs for their, as they call them, cousins far away. Thank you Pinterest.
- And what’s better than hunkering down with popcorn and a movie? I am going to go pick up The Chipmunks Valentine Collection. They just adore the Chipmunks.
Of course, after the snow has settled we will be SHOVELING! And building our own sledding hill, snow fort, and sipping on hot chocolate. For my local readers, I wish you safety and sanity.