They all do it. Heck, I remember doing it. Sometimes I would be lying there in bed with my stuffed raccoon when I would smell popcorn. I needed to find some excuse to go out to the living room. Some reason that I just HAD to get out of bed. My boys are no different. The two youngest in particular get out of bed multiple times before succumbing to sleep. Here’s a list of their tactics.
1. Water. What kid hasn’t done that one? That one was always my go-to.
2. “I just have to tell you something.” what? “Um, I, uh, I love you. Good night.”
3. Put in the breakfast order. As if they can’t tell me what they want for breakfast when wake up in the morning.
4. They suddenly can’t find their stuffed animal, which is of course in their bed, under the blankets, where THEY should be.
5. They need a lullabye…AGAIN. If Mom sings it then they need Dad to sing it, and vice versa.
And there is the one that I just can’t resist. I just can’t get mad.
6. “I just wanted a group hug.”
But eventually, after all the frustration and the tucking back in, it ends up like this. So peaceful.