Do you still send out Christmas cards each year? I’m starting to wonder why I do. It’s always a hassle. So now I’m toying with the idea of not doing it anymore and here’s why:
- Getting a picture for the Christmas card is just ridiculous. Getting all of them to look at the camera and smile at the same exact time is nothing but miraculous.
- Ordering them early is always a challenge. My current predicament…I thought I was on the ball this year. I got my photo done and cards ordered on December 5th. I was so proud of myself. Yeah, it’s December 18th and they still haven’t arrived yet. I should have just sent New Year’s cards.
- My list is ridiculous. It keeps growing year by year. I think we’re up to 100 now.
- Do to said growing list my card purchase was still $80 with the 60% off discount.
- Speaking of money. Stamps. They’re at what now, 49 cents a piece? Times that by 100 using your common core math skills.
- Honestly, it’s not very environmentally friendly. I could just send an e-card.
and here’s why not:
- They bring JOY.
- People expect it, and often anticipate getting that card every year.
So, what to do?
What are your thoughts? What are your reasons for sending/not sending cards?