Lifestyle

Girl’s Day At Foxwoods #WrappedInWONDER #FoxwoodSleighs

There’s nothing like an afternoon spent shopping and having  lunch with good friends. That’s how I spent last Saturday. I had been looking forward to this event since last year! Foxwoods’ 2nd annual Merry Mingle! I was thrilled to hear from my good friend and host of this Merry Mingle, Audrey of Mom Generations. So thankful for the invite! So what did we do at Merry Mingle you ask? I’ll show you.

We started off the day with shopping at the Tanger Outlets. YES, there is more to do than just gamble at the casino at Foxwoods! The outlets were AMAZING. So many brand-name stores and SO, SO many deals. I had a game plan and knew exactly where to stop for my husband’s Christmas gift (which I can’t say because he actually does read this little blog). However, I’ll share a few. LOFT, J. Crew, Coach, American Eagle, Anne Taylor, Banana Republic, White House Black Market…my bestie and I hit them all.

Seriously, $9.99 cardigans at LOFT! Sales on top of sales. We walked into Coach and were handed a 50% off your entire purchase coupon! So of course I had to buy myself some presents as well, right! Wouldn’t you? I scored a COACH Double-Zip Pebble Leather Wristlet to replace my 15 year old one for only $26!!

After two hours of shopping we were instructed to meet up at Centrale, a hip little bar/restaurant in Fox Towers. There we were able to drop off any gifts that needed wrapping and enjoyed an AMAZING champagne lunch. The friendly staff at Foxwoods wrapped my gifts while I sipped on some champagne!

The food was unreal!! Gorgeous little salads served in balls, lobster rolls, sandwiches, cheese & crackers, dessert…all absolutely delicious!

Honestly, there is nothing like enjoying an amazing lunch with your girlfriends after shopping. Shopping can really work up an appetite.

The day of our event the temperatures were FREEZING and windy so we opted not to go ice skating. However, the skating area is amazing so we ran out for a quick peek. It was decorated so beautifully. It certainly got us all in a festive mood. The tree was gorgeous, they had a nice little hot chocolate hut, and there was even a little fire pit where you could sit and relax with your hot cocoa.

All in all it was a WONDERful time!!

So my adventure didn’t actually end right there. My friend and I stopped quickly in the restroom before leaving. One lovely little thing they did have was a package shelf in each stall. A place to put all your bags. Well, this girl made sure to grab all her bags and left her cell phone! I walked 7 stores down and then realized it. I literally ran like a lunatic only to find it GONE!! I said to my friend, 80% chance gone for good, 20% chance someone with some morals found it. I left my name at Shopper Services. So glad it did. Shopper Services called my friend’s phone 15 minutes later letting me know they had my phone. A wonderful woman (THANK YOU) found it and turned it in. Faith in humanity somewhat restored.

So if you’re looking to spend an amazing time with your girlfriends, I HIGHLY suggest heading to Tanger Outlets at Foxwoods. So much to enjoy!!

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply